Last week I was working on one of my current writing projects and I decided to do a little research on masculine and feminine energy. As I was researching and it hit me that I was out of balance… AGAIN! It’s not the first time, and it probably won’t be the last.
If you’re not familiar with the masculine and feminine energies, let me give you a general overview.
We all have masculine and feminine energy. Some men show up more in their feminine energy, and some women show up more in their masculine. This isn’t so much about gender as it is about balance.
Masculine energy is the energy we use to build, conquer, push, dominate, and assert. It is the energy that is behind the go and conquer mindset. And I’ll be honest I get a lot done when I am operating in my masculine energy.
Feminine energy on the other hand is healing, nurturing, receptive, emotional, passionate and creative. It is the energy that is behind creation. And I find I enjoy life more when I am really honoring my feminine energy.
I run a business and a household. Some of you reading may be working in corporate America, or entrepreneurs. Or maybe you are a stay at home mom with a super full plate. I find that the average Western woman has more to do than ever before. As a result we really rely heavily on the masculine energy to dominate our day, conquer that schedule, and build our corporate empire.
But what’s the cost? I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours!
My cost is that I am more stressed, laugh less, and heaven forbid, I’m even too tired for sex!
Here’s some tips for revving up your feminine energy. Give them a try and see how you feel!
- Color, paint, or draw. I’m not talking about a masterpiece that will be hanged in The Met. I’m talking about the type of painting you did as a kid when every piece of paper was a masterpiece. Allow yourself to just enjoy the flow of colors, lines, and textures. Be creative.
- Be soft and nurturing in your self talk. How do you speak to yourself? If you talked to your best friend the same way you talk to yourself, how long would that friendship last? Often times our self talk ranges from toxically abusive to controlling and bossy. Try instead to nurture yourself. “Amy, you worked so hard today, is there anything I can do for you tonight?” Or, “Amy how can I take care of you today so you feel beautiful, inspired, and powerful?” Or maybe even just a simple, “I forgive you Amy. I know you are doing your best, and I appreciate your efforts. You do so much good in the world.” Think how your life could change if you simply changed your self talk.
- Nurture your physical self. Take a bubble bath. Lay with a fluffy blankie. Go to bed early. Go on a walk in fresh air. Take a nap on the beach. Show yourself that you are valuable and stop pushing your body to the point of physical exhaustion. When you get there, everything else shuts down. Been there, done that, there was no reward for self righteous suffering!
- Allow others to nurture and serve you. I am going to give you a challenge for the next two weeks to accept help any time someone offers it. Masculine energy pushes or thrusts, and feminine energy receives and accepts. If you are not receiving, your feminine energy will burn out.
- Practice leading with quiet strength. Instead of barking orders at your children, have thoughtful teaching moments. Rather than directing in your next team meeting, ask for ideas, and listen to them. Use kind physical touch to send messages to people you love. Practice saying more with less. This is one of the greatest powers in feminine energy and I honestly believe the world needs more of it.
Balance between the masculine and feminine is a magical thing! When I am in balance, I make the most money. I create the best things in my business. I am more in tune as a mother. I accept the love that others send me. And I feel more in tune with my body. Let’s be honest ladies, we are powerful! We just don’t need to be masculine in order to rock that power!