2016 has been a great year. But it has also been very, very, very tiring.
I’ve never spent so much time in my car. I’m still not used to my 5 am wake up call. I run all day long, and collapse on my bed always a little later than I should. And when I finally get too worn out. I binge… on the Gilmore girls, and maybe some ice cream.
I bet you can imagine the result. There’s a little more Amy to love these days. Fortunately there are no scales at the DMV. So even though my “official” weight hasn’t changed, I’m still in that perpetual muffin top phase.
As the year winds down, and I’m thinking about next year and my goals, I’ve decided to dedicate 2017 the Year of Amy.
Amy and I need to spend some quality time strengthening our relationship. I haven’t been particularly nice to Amy lately. I run her ragged. Feed her junk. Expect her to manage expectations I wouldn’t dream of asking anyone else to do. And then I criticise her muffin top. We definitely need some quality time.
Here’s my list of things I’m excited for in my Year of Amy
- Say no to a great opportunity because it doesn’t bring me joy.
- Find someone to help me with healthy cooking and meal prep.
- Go out with friends at least every other month.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Accept help when it is offered.
- Start a passionate affair with sleep.
- Simplify, simplify, simplify.
- Cut out anything in my life that isn’t working for me.
- Stop trying to convince everyone that they should love me. I love me, God loves me, and my family loves me. That is enough.
- Ditch distraction. Spend less time on the appearance of living a great life, and spend more energy on really living my life.
I get excited just thinking about it! What if 2017 was your year too? What would it look like to treat yourself amazingly well?